[talk-ph] Project NOAH asking everyone to map in OSM

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:23:11 UTC 2014

For Philhealth, the question is if their reference ID is something that
should be added to OSM.

The DOH codes are not actually necessary in OSM, but as the official health
agency of the country, we can tie OSM to DOH's database through the
facility code (instead of matching hospital names which is error-prone). So
that any other database that makes use of DOH's code can find the
geographical location of the hospital by looking at the DOH code in OSM.
(Database engineers will definitely recognize this as similar to using
primary keys in multiple tables.)

>From there, it should be easy to use the DOH facility code to tie to other
databases like Philhealth's, assuming the Philhealth-to-DOH database is
done.