[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] NOTICE: Upcoming Maintenance - Some services will be down

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 00:24:22 UTC 2014

fyi.

Maning Sambale (mobile)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Grant Slater" <openstreetmap at firefishy.com>
Date: Jul 2, 2014 12:25 AM
Subject: [OSM-talk] NOTICE: Upcoming Maintenance - Some services will be
down
To: <announce at openstreetmap.org>, "Talk Openstreetmap" <
talk at openstreetmap.org>, "OSM Dev List" <dev at openstreetmap.org>

On Saturday 5th of July 2014 between 09:00 and 19:00 (GMT / UTC) we
are moving our servers hosted by University College London to another
data center.

The following services WILL be affected:

* Search (nominatim.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable. [1]
* Slower map updates / Reduced tile rendering capacity. (Yevaud outage)
* OSM Foundation websites and blog.openstreetmap.org will be unavailable.
* Taginfo (taginfo.openstreetmap.org) will be unavailable.
* Development Server (errol) will be unavailable.
* Some imagery services will be unavailable. (GPX Render, OS
Streetview, OOC, AGRI, CD:NGI aerial)

Other OpenStreetMap provided services should not be affected - all of
the following are expected to function normally:

* www.openstreetmap.org web site WILL allow edits as per normal (iD or
Potlatch).
* API will allow map editing (using iD, JOSM, Merkaartor etc.)
* Forum
* trac (bug-tracker)
* help.openstreetmap.org
* tile serving ("View The Map" & "Export")
* Wiki
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
* donate.openstreetmap.org

Technical: We are moving all the servers listed here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers#UCL_-_In_Use to a new UCL
data center. The current building is being closed soon for
refurbishment. The new data center has better server racks, power
feeds, cooling and faster networking.

[1] Searches through the website will still work - we will redirect
them to another nominatim instance temporarily.

Sincerely
Grant Slater
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team.