[talk-ph] Guagua mapping progress and tagging evacuation centers

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:35:46 UTC 2014

Hi Maning,

 Camiguin Island has lost of evacuation centers all around it, I believe
for Tsunamis. I saw them when riding around there. I think it is a very
important item to map long and short term .. I ma not sure if they are
intended for a volcano eruption, as the signs said Tsunami Evacuation
Center and almost always pointed up a set of stairs .. Camiguin has two
active volcano's and a Philvolcs monitoring station on it. Worth a visit if
you are ever there .. nice people ... and a great view ..

I guess the question is, are there different types of evacuation centers??
I am not sure. If a school is in a low zone is it appropriate for a
Tsunami?? I guess GuaGua will not have any Tsunami Evacuation Centers, but
will have earthquake, volcano, lahar flows, etc.

Should they be tagged for the type of disaster they are intended for, or
are they generic

Lastly, would it be appropriate to include contact details for the
different services?? Hard to maintain unless the relief agencies do it them
selves ..

Cheers

Mark

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on Open StreetMap <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.