[talk-ph] OSM ToT brief report

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:30:40 UTC 2014

Dear everyone,

Just a brief update on the activity last week.

We had our first OSM Training of Trainors last June 10-13, 2014 in ADMU Campus.
17 participants joined the workshop coming from government (NGAs and
LGUs), academe, NGOs and OSM volunteers [0].

As I said this is the first, so we need to improve on how we run the
workshops.  Some of the participants have started running their own
workshop like the participants from Project NOAH (Candeze and Irene).

We also invited them to join the mailinglist and I think some of them
are already subscribed.  To those who joined, WELCOME! And, feel free
to ask questions.

Training resources are available online [1] and we encourage everyone
to use them.

Special thanks to Emir and Adityo (OSM-ID and HOT) and also Jules,
Erwin and Eugene who joined us not only in the ToT workshop but also
the module sprint the week before.

We hope that this activity increased the number of capable OSM
trainors who can run similar workshops in the future.

Emir also posted a nice roundup of the activity in the OSM-ID blog
[3].  Some photos are included the Gdrive training resources and also
in various social media like our FB page [3], Emir's FB and Erwin's G+
accounts.

Thanks again to everyone who joined (physically and virtually).

[0] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2WZQ1DwK_xN0UyUW5maVVyNnM/edit?usp=sharing
[1] https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-2WZQ1DwK_xamhGbjdWSGJMdms&usp=drive_web
[2] http://en.openstreetmap.or.id/training-of-trainers-pertama-di-filipina/
[3] https://www.facebook.com/OSMPH