[talk-ph] Governor Pineda (Pampanga) willing to support OSM for mapping other municipalities in the province

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:06:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just came back from a presentation/meeting Governor Lilia Pineda of
Pampanga, Mayor Mylyn Pineda - Cayabyab of Lubao and, members of the
Provincial Council of Pampanga.  This is part of our Pampanga work to
update the provincial government on the status of the project.

Together with WorldBank and the 3 partner LGUs (Candaba, Lubao and
Guagua), we presented the participatory mapping initiative (OSM and
InaSAFE) in the last 6 months of last year.

Governor Pineda appreciated the mapping initiative and is planning to
replicate the approach to the rest of the province particularly to the
flood-prone municipalities of the province.  She instructed the
Provincial DRRM Office to coordinate this initiative and she commited
to provide instructions/directive to the specific mayors of these LGUs
to facilitate the mapping.

In addition, the provincial legislative board will also draft a
provincial resolution to support Governor Pineda's instructions.

I think this development is very significant for the OSM-PH community.
While details on how to specifically implement is still at an early
stage, we hope we can forge greater partnership and collaboration with
government of Pampanga in the future.

We will update the list on the latest development later.