[talk-ph] Fwd: MEDAIR : Philipines Imagery

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Fri May 9 02:23:53 UTC 2014

On a related note, I was wondering about the feasibility of starting a crowd-funded venture to start up a drone operation here, with the object of putting rural areas of the Philippines on the map. I hadn't really thought through the details, but perhaps investors over a certain threshold - say USD 1000 for example - could get priority mapping of their chosen area. Certain towns might need the data, or maybe in areas where there are high concentrations of hotels and tourists, the tourist industry might club together to get a decent map of the area. eg. Malapascua Island.

The initial funding would pay for the drone purchase, flights to the targeted areas and accommodation. After that, it could be spun off as a business.

Just an idle fantasy right now. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Jim

--

    datalude: information security
    e: jim at datalude.com
    Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
    Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
    w: http://www.datalude.com/