[talk-ph] State of the Map US 2015 at the UN in New York City from June 6 to June 8

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:18:42 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

OSM US has just announced that 2015's State of the Map US conference will
be held in New York City at the United Nations Headquarters from June 6 to
June 8, 2015. Read the announcement here:
http://openstreetmap.us/2014/11/sotmus-2015-in-nyc/

The United Nations has generously donated the use of their building for
hosting this conference. As such, the bulk of the conference's expenses
that is usually earmarked for the venue will now go towards shouldering
costs for international mappers to attend via travel scholarships. The
conference organizers are targeting an attendance of 1000 people and they
want mappers from all over the world to be able to share their experiences
with OSM in their localities to the other conference attendees.

You can read more about the plan for SOTM US in this PDF file:
http://cl.ly/2u2V402L2N39/download/SOTMProposal.pdf

This is a really great opportunity for Filipino OSM mappers to attend. The
last time that any Filipino has attended an overseas State of the Map
conference (whether the international one or a regional version) was at
SOTM 2011 in Denver, Colorado, which was attended by Maning.

I personally would want to go to SOTM US 2015. I've been to three
Wikimanias now but have never attended an overseas SOTM. :-)

Regards,
Eugene