[talk-ph] NOAH edits in Cebu City

Totor totor_osm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 05:12:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I noticed some edits in Cebu with small problems, about 2 weeks ago by user arkigat. [1]
Mainly areas marked as buildings instead of landuse or similar, when the real buildings or poi's were already mapped.
I sent a friendly welcome note with comments about these edits and where to get help (in english), but did not receive a reply after more than a week now.

All the edits are marked with #NOAH.
Does anybody know if this is related to noah.dost.gov.ph ?
If this is the case we should probably try to contact/help them.
How to handle this ?

As for the "problems" I don't have much time at the moment to check all the edits in detail, but a quick look showed little problems in most of the edits.
Simply reverting is probably not advisable, since there seem to be at least some valid name additions.
Analyzing each changeset is too much work for me right now, and I don't want to start changing the obvious ones because it might make the remaining job more difficult.
Any help is welcome ^_^.

Cheers,

Totor

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/arkigat/history#map=14/10.3074/123.9114