[talk-ph] East Philippines Seaboard Mapping Expedition 2015

Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:26:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

We've recently completed documenting our 7-day mapping expedition for the
eastern section of the Philippines that happened last February 27 to March
5, 2015 covering 13 provinces from CARAGA region of Mindanao to Eastern
Visayas and Bicol Region.

This is to add mapping data to portions of the Philippines frequently hit
by typhoons at full strength coming from the Pacific Ocean; hoping to
improve DRR projects as well as its tourism.

We have divided the documentation in to 4 parts: [0] detailing our
expedition to Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, and
Surigao del Sur on the 1st and 2nd day. [1] Siargao and Southern Leyte at
on the 3rd and 4th day of the expedition, [2] On the province of Leyte,
Palo and Tacloban City on the 5th day and lastly [3], on the last 2 days as
we get back to Manila passing through Samar and the Bicol Region plus a
summary of the accomplishments and costs.

You can also help refine the contributions by tracing buildings as we have
seen new satellite imagery as we edit through the areas.

Contributed mapping data to OSM will be reflected on the Garmin
GPS-assisted navigation map of the Philippines as we compile its latest
update to be released on Thursday, April 8, 2015 [4].

[0]
http://www.s1expeditions.com/2015/03/188-east-ph-seaboard-map-expedition-2015-p1.html
[1]
http://www.s1expeditions.com/2015/03/189-east-ph-seaboard-map-expedition-2015-p2.html
[2]
http://www.s1expeditions.com/2015/04/190-east-ph-seaboard-map-expedition-2015-p3.html
[3]
http://www.s1expeditions.com/2015/04/191-east-ph-seaboard-map-expedition-2015-p4.html
[4] http://www.s1expeditions.com/p/openstreetmaps.html

Regards,

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com