[talk-ph] On importing administrative boundaries

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:18:12 UTC 2015

What about the news (of the nearly completed Cadastral Survey which was
also mentioned in SONA 2015)?
http://www.philstar.com/nation/2015/06/12/1464852/cadastral-survey-phl-land-area-nears-completion
<http://www.philstar.com/nation/2015/06/12/1464852/cadastral-survey-phl-land-area-nears-completion>---
which I'm sure is using PRS92 (as required by law)

Plus the open data policy of government? (will this give us inherent right
to import?)

What proactive action can we do as a group, to gain access & extract from
this PRS92 boundary data, then convert to WGS84 and/or carefully translate
boundary-lines manually thru visual inspection/interpretation/validation;
like doing it per boundary-segment (if necessary) to
redraw/correct/remove/improve shapes & lines of those inaccurate GADM
boundaries (eg. in a mapping party project), so that we do away with issues
of importing erroneous data again?