[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] HOT Summit 2015 - Scholarship Program Announcement​

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:17:14 UTC 2015

FYI all. I know many of you have been involved with HOT in some capacity in the past.

—
Sent from Mailbox

Begin forwarded message:
On Wednesday, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com>, wrote:

Greetings everyone!

The Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team [HOT] is hosting a 3 day "HOT Summit
2015" event in Washington D.C. April 30th to May 2nd 2015. It will be a
chance for volunteer mappers, educators, community builders,
humanitarians, geographers, programmers and other folks interested in
humanitarian mapping from around the world come together to share
knowledge, fellowship and generate new ideas.

http://summit.hotosm.org/

The full program of speakers and break out sessions is yet to be
finalized and announced, but just as important as the program itself is
who is going to attend as participants.

HOT's donors and supporters are offering a number of full and partial
scholarships to help make attendance accessible to as many people as
possible. These scholarships will cover or help defray costs for travel,
lodging and attendance fees and are open to anyone who would like to
come but is not able to due to the costs associated with attending the
event.

We would like to especially encourage people from outside the United
States to attend, we want you at the HOT Summit! We are an international
organization and the diversity of our community is one of our strengths.
We can not be as effective as we would like without our international
community members attending events like this. We need you! If costs are
the only thing stopping you from attending we want to encourage you to
apply for scholarship funding for part or all of your costs.

Scholarship applications can be submitted here:
http://goo.gl/forms/v9QDwi1sOz

If you have any interest in attending from outside the United States
please get in touch with us right away. We understand the idea and
mechanics of traveling can be somewhat challenging, but we are here to
help and you are not on your own to figure out how to get here for the
Summit. Whether you would like to apply for scholarship support or not,
please contact us and let us know you would like to attend.

For international visitors the first step is to learn about the entry
process for the US.

If you are from any of the 38 countries listed here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html

You will not need to apply for a visa, but instead follow the ESTA
process. Visitors from any other countries can find out more about the
visa process here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html
(You probably want a "B" Visa for "visitors")

Any questions? Just ask. Please.

We are really looking forward to seeing you at the HOT Summit!

Cheers,
Blake
Volunteer mapper & HOT Summit 2015 Helper

PS: Please forward this email to any other OSM email lists or groups you
think is appropriate, especially local groups. It would be great if you
could add some words of introduction or comment in the local language or
translate any part of this email.