[talk-ph] OSM Notes opened for the Yolanda / Haiyan Typhoon and not yet resolved

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 26 23:17:38 UTC 2015

There is a discussion today on the general talk list about anonymous OSM notes.
The Yolanda / Haiyan Activation is an example where such info could have helped if more infos provided and the possibility to interact with the person adding such note. To revise the OSM Notes and enhance the map, we can select this layer from openstreetmap.org

Today, after more then a year, this info seems useless and I revises and resolves/closed some of these notes adding this comment:
Incomplete infos from this note or comments not related to mapping objects . More then a year later, no more infos added. I am closing this note.
I also see notes Created by ChrisEspectato with comments that seem to refer to an event or trip simply.  #28 1-27-14 834am   See http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/157873
regard
 Pierre