[talk-ph] Immediately hiring an OSM/GIS professional for a one-month contract

Nick Brown nick at nickbrown.ca
Sun Jul 26 04:45:21 UTC 2015

Hi OSM-Ph folks!

I am looking to hire someone with GIS and OSM experience for a full-time
one-month contract, starting as soon as possible. Please share this email
with anyone you think might be interested. The position is primarily a
remote position, but you might be asked to come to Bantayan Island, Cebu
for an orientation, to meet the team, and to see our work.

We will cover any travel costs, food, accommodations on the beach, and a
negotiable salary.

This person will be supporting the disaster response and rebuilding work of
the Philippines-based NGO Young Pioneer Disaster Response (YPDR). The
candidate must be proficient with a GIS platform (ArcGIS and/or QGIS),
OpenStreetMaps and Field Papers. The work will include mapping housing
construction, post-disaster needs assessment data, aid distributions,
logistics planning, and other similar activities.

The candidate must be able to provide their own computer, ideally with
ArcGIS installed already (negotiable - we might be able to get an
additional license or we can work with QGIS).

There is the potential for additional work after the first month, ether
based in Bantayan or remotely.

Young Pioneer Disaster Response (YPDR) is a Philippines-based
non-governmental organization also registered in the United States. YPDR is
accredited with the DSWD and Province of Cebu. YPDR is currently working in
the Camotes Islands, Bantayan Island, and the Federated States of
Micronesia. YPDR has built nearly 1,000 homes since Typhoon Yolanda. For
more info, visit us at http://www.facebook.com/YPDRYPDR or at
http://www.ypdr.org.

To apply, please email me directly at nick.brown at ypdr.org and
nick at nickbrown.ca with a letter of interest describing your related
experience, skills, a sample of past work, expected salary and when you
would be available for a call in the next couple days.

Best,
Nick

PS we also take volunteers who are willing to stay on Bantayan Island for
minimum of one-month. We provide food and accommodations. Inquiries about
volunteering with us for GIS, OSM and Information Management work are
always welcome.