[talk-ph] One-way roads in Baguio this Holy Week

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:50:28 UTC 2015

Here's the detail of one-way traffice scheme from
http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motoring-news/dpwh-to-enforce-one-way-traffic-on-kennon-road-from-march-31-to-april-3

"from* 12:01 am of March 31* to* 12:01am of April 3*, the one-way traffic
scheme on Kennon Road will be implemented for the exclusive benefit of
those going up to Baguio, specifically from the Camp 1 toll gate in Tuba,
Benguet, up to the Camp 7 police station in Baguio City.

In consideration of the residents who live along the route,* special passes
*will be issued that will allow them to take advantage of the window times
of *11am-12 noon* and *5pm-6pm* to go down Kennon Road.

Billboards informing motorists of the one-way scheme have reportedly been
put up at strategic locations from Saytan in Rosario to Baguio City. To
ensure safe travel while the one-way scheme is in effect, flagmen will be
assigned *every 500m* from Camp 1 to Camp 7 to alert motorists to the
two-way traffic during said window times. Flyers will also be distributed
to motorists entering Camp 1 during the window times to warn them of the
two-way traffic. However, the times indicated on the flyers is from 11am to
1pm and 5 pm to 7 pm, with the additional one hour being provided to give
sufficient time for the last vehicle passing through the Camp 7 police
station to exit the Camp 1 toll gate."