[talk-ph] Retagging all Plantersbank branches to China Bank Savings branches

Jherome Miguel jheromemiguel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:20:34 UTC 2016

Last day, I sent a message
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/message/read/610958> to ianlopez1115
regarding a proposal to retag all remaining Plantersbank branches to China
Bank Savings branches, making "Plantersbank" the old_name=* tag. As
mentioned in an announcement by Chinabank
<http://chinabank.ph/personal.aspx/news.aspx?title=BSP+okays+CBS+Plantersbank+merger>,
Plantersbank started its merger with China Bank Savings (CBS), a Chinabank
subsidiary. I already made some retagging of Plantersbank branches in Metro
Manila (in this changese <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/44783311>t
and the following one <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/44783452>),
but for most edits, they will to be done as mechanical edits by
ianlopez1115, using a dedicated account.

While I started the first edits in JOSM, using Overpass API queries, I will
not do every edit here. Ianlopez1115 will handle the rest of the retagging
edits, but it will be discussed here on talk-ph first, and documented on
this page on the OpenStreetMap Wiki. before the edits will be done, as that
will be an automated edit. Stay tuned for updates regarding my proposal I
sent to ianlopez1115 about retagging all Plantersbank branches to China
Bank Savings branches, if he agreed.

Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Happy mapping!

,
---TagaSanPedroAko