[talk-ph] Downloading a section of the Philippine open street map

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Thu Feb 4 03:44:44 UTC 2016

Hi Frank,

Frank Woolf wrote on Thursday, 04 February, 2016 07:07 AM:
> Can someone please tell me where to go to select and download an up to date map, preferably of only Davao city and surrounding area.

I'm not sure if this is what you're after, but I use the OSMAnd application on my Android phone, and that lets you download the entire Philippines for offline use in one file.

I also used to use TrekBuddy. That will cache files, tile by tile, so if you go over the area you want while you're connected to Wifi, and then go somewhere where there's no data connection, it will use the cached files.

There are probably many more solutions like this.

Jim