[talk-ph] Various farmed landuses

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Sun Feb 14 12:24:25 UTC 2016

While looking at existing tagging of landuse areas in Leyte I have come
across a number which do not seem to fit the tagging structure on the
main OSM wiki, and I cant see anything in the Philippines/Mapping
conventions  which contradicts the main OSM wiki (except that under
agricultural landuse the tag landuse = farm is suggested whereas this
seems to have been deprecated in favour of landuse = farmland  -  maybe
the Phillipine / mapping conventions page is out of date?)

An example of some of the current tagging can be seen here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/11.1121/124.8899

I would like to change the following:

1) Areas currently tagged landuse = meadow; name = Ricefield   - change
to landuse = meadow; crop=rice [1]
2) Areas currently tagged landuse = farmland; name = Coco Land   -
change to landuse = orchard;  trees = coconut_palms [2]
3) Areas currently tagged landuse = orchard; crop = coconut  - change to
landuse = orchard;  trees = coconut_palms [2]

Are these 3 changes acceptable?

My one slight discomfort is that I dont like the way crop = rice is
rendered on the map, but then we should't be tagging for the rennderers
anyway!

Regards

David

[1]  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:crop