[talk-ph] The movie Eye in the Sky credits OpenStreetMap

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:13:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I just saw the film Eye in the Sky, starring Helen Mirren and Alan
Rickman (the movie is really good), and I was pleasantly surprised to
see OpenStreetMap and its contributors get a credit in the end
credits. The surprise is partly because I do not recall seeing any map
in the film that looked like it came from OSM.

IIRC, the credit went like “OpenStreetMap © OpenStreetMap
contributors”. No mention of any license though.

Now I'm wondering whether there are any other mainstream films that
also use and credit OpenStreetMap as well. This is the first time I've
seen such a credit and I don't recall any mention as well on this or the talk
mailing list.

~Eugene