[talk-ph] Disruptive data deletions by "mandyboy" in the Philippines

Jherome Miguel jheromemiguel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 16:25:22 UTC 2017

This user, "mandyboy" (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mandyboy), can be
considered disruptive for removing lots of important data (especially
polygons of residential areas, commercial areas, parks, schools, etc.), and
his edits can be considered vandalism already. Though a fresh user
(although registered since 2012), this is already disruptive in the way
that he deleted many important features (mapped as polygons) around the
cities of Bacoor, Imus, and Las PiƱas, in the Philippines. I have just
reverted several deletions of some important features he deleted (e.g. St.
Jerome Emiliani Institute, Summer Pointe Residences, De La Salle Zobel
Vermosa, around Bacoor and Imus), and started a OpenStreetMap Philippines
"papercut_fix" project issue on GitHub (see
https://github.com/OSMPH/papercut_fix/issues/32). The user is using vague
comments that says "UPDATE" (or "Updated"), usually with a date, which
hides the user's behavior of deleting a lot of data from the map for no
valid reason. I consider blocking this user for at least a week or two, so,
he can learn about the effects of those map deletions to users of OSM map
data. Several mass deletions of POIs by this user (especially the case of St.
Jerome Emiliani Institute) have already surfaced on MAPS.ME on the latest
update, and after investigating edits he made on the last month, I started
to believe that those deletions has something to do with them disappearing
from the latest map data in the last update.

--TagaSanPedroAko (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TagaSanPedroAko)