[talk-ph] Marawi City: post war mapping

Leonard Soriano banito_pinoy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 06:59:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

The war in Marawi City, Lanao DelNorte started on May 23, 2017 between terrorist groups and Government troops.After 5 months of fighting, the Government has officially announced today theend of all military operations.  This warhas displaced more than thousands of people and has left the city heavily damaged and destroyed particularly inside the main battle area.

As OSM volunteers we have seen how our effortshave been useful and helpful during a crisis. In the case of the case of the war Marawi, wecould help out in digiziting satellite imagery and provide maps that will supportGovernment, NGO’s, Aid organizations and other related groups in their workthat is focused on the assistance of its residents and in the recovery,reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi City.
Ihave initially talked to OSM members like Ervin, Erwin and Manning about this and I am also sharing it here to OSMmembers for us to discuss what we can do. I am looking forward to hearing yourvaluable inputs.

Maraming salamat!

--bunny