[talk-ph] intro to Kaart initiative in PH

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 06:40:46 UTC 2018

Thank you for bringing this up, Maning. This is also a concern I've
discussed with other mappers in the past, and this doesn't just apply to
road navigation, but with other features, as well.

The Mapbox data team is a pioneer in this road network initiatives in OSM,
and we look up to your team for inspiration. 😉

Our current (in the next few months) interest in PH road network
improvement are low-hanging fruits (missing geometries, restrictions,
turning lanes, etc), but in due time, we'd like to explore how to further
improve road network data from OSM for naviation, etc. PH is only one of
the many countries we're working in, so we need a more inclusive
understanding of tagging nuances, too.

I hope such a discussion can  attract more inputs from the wider community,
especially those who've been lurking in the background, who follows the
exchanges here, but for reasons known only to them, doesn't engage publicly.

/Erwin