[talk-ph] JPCS YouthMappers Mapping Acitivty

Pierre Edwin See Tiong plseetiong at outlook.com
Thu Jun 7 23:20:56 UTC 2018

Good Day,

I’m Pierre Edwin See Tiong of Junior Philippine Computer Society – FEU Tech (JPCS – FEU Tech) a recognize student organization in FEU Institute of Technology, and currently we are affiliated to YouthMappers Community as YouthMappers Chapter here in the Philippines. We’re in the finalization of our upcoming mapping activity in Marcelo Green Village, Parañaque on June 13 (for field mapping) and June 16 (for remote mapping and osm id editor workshop).

Our activity will most likely focus in correcting the names of streets, business buildings, landmarks, and other inputs in the OSM that are needed to update. The team will also integrate the World Cleanup Day project in the activity, which is to map all trash points in the area.

The target participants for the field mapping and remote mapping (which will be a workshop for OSM ID Editor) will be the coverage barangay in Marcelo Green Village, also with some other student leaders of FEU Institute of Technology. The activity will only accommodate 20 participants.

Our goal in this activity is to bring awareness to the local government units and other communities that simple mapping and/or having an updated map in their hand can help them to efficiently plan a projects for their community, also in case of calamities and/or emergencies. Also by using the WCD Mobile app, to locate all waste sites that are needed for an immediate cleanup action within their community.

The team of JPCS YouthMappers is consist of 4 active YouthMappers students who already joined some mapping party and field mapping using field papers, the team will help and guide the volunteers/participants in using the field papers and in the workshop on June 16.

JPCS YouthMappers are in partner with MiAmore Home Care in Parañaque for this activity, we’re also contacting the barangay officials in Marcelo Green Village to discuss the activity and have some volunteers from them to participate, knowing that they have the local knowledge in the area to that can help other volunteers/participants coming from our Campus. We are currently requesting for a final meeting with them this coming Sunday if there are available barangay officials or tanods to participate for the activity.

Thank You,

Pierre Edwin L. See Tiong
President (A.Y. 17-18)
jpcsfeutech at outlook.com | plseetiong at outlook.com