[talk-ph] Request clarification on access restrictions

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:53:00 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM Erwin Olario <govvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> destination - temporary access is given, until destination is reached
> (shared roads, in gated communities/subdivisions/estates)

I actually have a quibble with access=destination when tagged for roads
inside gated communities. Technically, residents or those who otherwise
have vehicular stickers can pass through the gated community if there are
more than 1 exits. Given that there exists a sophisticated router software,
a resident or sticker-holder should be able to pass through the gated
community maybe to avoid traffic in external roads without needing to
actually stop inside the gated community, which is what is implied by the
"destination" access.

An example of this case is the huge BF Homes ParaƱaque subdivision. Most
residents and those who have stickers often pass through the subdivision to
avoid traffic along Alabang-Zapote Road or Sucat Road. If you tag these
roads as access=destination, a router would not route through the
subdivision unless the destination is inside.

~Eugene