[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Data upload in Central Serbia

Thomas toba0211 at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 5 16:55:39 GMT 2010

Hi,

the forest data upload in Vojvodina went fine. Since some days I have forest
data for Central Serbia. As you probably know, there are much more forest in
Central Serbia than in Vojvodina.

FYI...Romania made the whole country with the data from Corine Land Cover and
imported more data (landuse=farmland and others)
Example http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.495&lon=23.033&zoom=10&layers=M

The forest data for Central Serbia consist of nearly 1 Mio nodes. I have
finished the first part which I plan to upload soon. The area is the northern
border to Vojvodina until some kilometers north of Valjevo.
As I have done in Vojvodina, I will check each single forest.

I will take the following precaution to ensure, that nothing goes wrong.
- I wil NOT delete or modify any existing data in OSM, except data that I have
entered
- I will not upload any data outside Central Serbia to avoid  problems with
neighboring countries

- if there is already a forest in OSM, I will not upload data for that area
- I will avoid overlapping areas, especially waterway=riverbank takes a lot of
my time
- I have removed most of the forest in the greater Belgrade area from the CLC
data as it is too difficult to get the data fit into existing data

Kind regards
Thomas