[OpenStreetMap Serbia] data upload in Vojvodina

Thomas toba0211 at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 28 09:25:27 GMT 2010

Hi Mike,

the guys in Romania made an upload recently. They damaged one of "my forests" so
I noticed it.
Romania looks now nice
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.47&lon=23.96&zoom=8&layers=M

If you add hillshading it is much better
http://suncobalt.homeip.net/map_test.html?zoom=9&lat=45.33487&lon=23.18935&layers=B000000000TT

You can download the data here, although I have not checked if it contains data
for Kosovo. But I think so
http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/clc-2006-vector-data-version

We (Janos - OSM steinjan and myself) will probably do some of your suggestions
if we upload data for the whole Serbia. However, splitting the Vojvodina data
into chunks would be more work than reviewing myself.

We have some experience with larger uploads. My largest changeset was 14,000
nodes with buildings in Subotica. Anyway, we will exclude Kosovo and leave it
with you. Please contact me if you need help. I suggest we agree on a clipping
polygon. If we use different polygons, we wether have overlapping data (which
will be huge mess to adjust manually) or an aisle along the border. It will
produce some dup nodes but these can be fixed with JOSM very fast

Kind regards
Thomas