[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Topografske mape

Thomas toba0211 at yahoo.de
Sat May 14 15:26:05 BST 2011

Hi Pedja,

>It is not problem to add tag name:sr, but what should be the value?
Well you are probably right. We may need to do it manually. We could agree who is doing which country. If you agree, I would start with Germany, Austria and Switzerland this evening. It is very easy, I will just copy and paste from here for example http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulm
I suggest to enable the filter in JOSM (please see below), so the cities which have already name:sr will disappear from JOSM or become grey.

>How have you got the osm file with only cities, and how you counted how many cites doesn't have tag name:sr?

I have downloaded the osm file for Europe here
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/
the I used osmosis to filter place=city (osmosis --read-pbf file="europa.osm.pbf" --node-key-value keyValueList="place.city" --write-xml file="cities.osm")
Then I opened it in JOSM and enabled a filter with "name:sr". (The " around name:sr needs to be entered in the filter). JOSM displays how many objects are filtered. Then I inverted the filter and got the other number.

If someone gets a conflict when uploading, please save the file instead of upload and send it to me. I will sort it out.

I have updated the map yesterday evening. So it now displays all cities with place=city in Europe in addition to full data for the Balkan region
http://suncobalt.homeip.net/lolan.html?zoom=6&lat=47.03929&lon=17.24445&layers=00B0

Kind regards
Thomas