[Talk-scotland] Stirling Mapping Party 23 Aug

Fozy 81 fozy81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:35:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

Join us at the Stirling OpenStreetMap Mapping Party, as we
map the woods, orchards, parks, historic sites, cycle facilities and
green spaces around the City of Stirling. Help create a free map,
displaying all the amazing assets of the city. We will teach you how to
survey, edit and upload to OpenStreetMap
 website. We hope to create a map to showcase this beautiful and
historic city and help improve access and management in the future.

The
 event will be held at the thinkWhere office, Glendevon House, The
Castle Business Park, Stirling, FK9 4TZ on Saturday, 23 August 2014 from
 10.00 am – 4.30 pm. Registration is essential through Eventbrite, as places are limited to 20.

Please bring a laptop, GPS handheld device, or GPS-enabled mobile phone, if you have one or more.

PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY

10.00 Arrive & Teas / Coffees (provided) 10.30 Welcome & Introduction / Aims of the day 10.45 – 11.30 Technical Instruction (using GPS, Phones etc) 11.30
 – 1.00 Mapping Parties around town. We will divide up the city by
geographical sector (‘cake slices’ in OSM-speak!) with themed parties
within each sector eg orchards / allotments, recycling facilities,
historic features, cycling facilities, etc. 1.00 – 1.30 pm Lunch (bring a packed lunch or buy somehting in Stirling) 1.30
 – 4.00 Instruction on how to upload your data to maps. There will also
be an option for those who want to do more data collection in the field.
 4.00 - 4.15 pm Finishing up 4.30 Depart

This is rain or shine.

This event is sponsored by thinkWhere.

Join us!