[Talk-scotland] OPEN Glasgow: Green City Mapathon Sunday 10 August

Pidgin Perfect studio at pidginperfect.com
Thu Jul 31 15:26:47 UTC 2014

Hello,

Join us for the Green City Mapathon on Sunday the 10th of August, where we will be mapping Glasgow's green and growing spaces with OpenStreetMap, exploring food networks across the city, and sharing recipes and food from local growers.

The event is hosted by Urban Roots, at Toryglen Community Base, 179 Prospecthill Circus, G42 0LA, running between 12pm and 4pm and all attendees are welcome to join us for free refreshments nearby afterwards! (location to be confirmed)

How does knowing the ways in which citizens use the urban landscape affect and improve how the city is managed? Future Maps aims to create a more coordinated view of the city, gathering and sharing citizen’s knowledge and experience to produce maps which are open for everyone to use and understand.

Pidgin Perfect are working with Future City to deliver a wide ranging literacy programme, exploring Glasgow through the eyes of communities and individuals.

With Urban Roots Glasgow we will be using a mix of digital and paper tools to map and share knowledge of green spaces, food networks and growing projects in the South Side of Glasgow, with a particular focus on the connections and diversity of our dear green city.

We will also be inviting everyone to bring food to share from their plots, allotments and community gardens. Please come along to share your knowledge and experiences, take part in a mapping session, learn to use digital mapping tools and eat some delicious locally grown foods.

The event is non-ticketed, so please feel free to arrive on the day and bring your favourite mapping equipment and enthusiasm.

More details will be posted to the event's Facebook page and Eventbrite page.

Join us!

http://open.glasgow.gov.uk/future-maps/

P i d g i n   P e r f e c t ®
Helping Build Better Communities

3rd Floor
84 Miller Street
Glasgow
G1 1DT

t 	0141 226 4092
e 	becca at pidginperfect.com
	studio at pidginperfect.com

www.pidginperfect.com
www.twitter.com/pidginperfect
www.facebook.com/pidginperfect

Please note that my working hours are 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday.

'Pidgin Perfect', 'Art/Architecture/Design/Discussion' and 'placing community at the heart of urban projects' are a trade marks of Pidgin Perfect Limited. All rights reserved. All materials copyright Pidgin Perfect Limited 2011.

CONFIDENTIAL DISCLAIMER:
This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only and may contain confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please accept our apologies. Kindly advise us by return of the mistake and please do not disclose the contents to anyone else.

Viruses and other malware are a constant hazard so please ensure you always use up to date anti-virus software and check any attachments. Pidgin Perfect accepts no liability for viruses.

Pidgin Perfect Ltd is a Company registered in Scotland with registration number: SC 393 946. Our registered office is: 3rd Floor, 84 Miller Street, Glasgow G1 1DT.