[Talk-scotland] Local OSM events this next year

Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net
Mon Sep 15 18:13:40 UTC 2014

dear all,

We are plotting an OSM mapping party and mapping hackday in Aberdeen on
Novermber 22-23 based at 57North Hacklab - https://57north.co/

Outline of the wiki page. sans schedule etc:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Aberdeen/MapHack/2014-11

I'm wondering whether we could or should be doing more to encourage this
sort of thing, especially in the absence of a State of the Map gathering
to energise the Scottish OSM community this year... and there is also
the idea that the map is essentially finished, right? ;)

Seriously though, one aim of the Aberdeen event is to put a hand in the
air for a more regular OSM meetup in a city where there is currently
none, but there are active mappers and likely to be a few interested
parties.

I hope everyone's well, i see there is an Edinburgh pub meet coming up
soon (23rd Sept) so hopefully see some of you there...

--
  Jo Walsh
  metazool at fastmail.net