[Talk-scotland] Missing Maps Edinburgh, - 04/02/15

Duncan Bain duncan.bain at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:50:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been contacted by Margaux Meslé, who is organising a Missing Maps
<http://www.missingmaps.org/> event at a venue around George Square in
Edinburgh. The event takes place tomorrow evening between 5pm and 8pm.

She is looking for some people with experience of editing OpenStreetMap to
help in mapping areas in Iraq, to assist the work of Médecins sans
Frontières

Copied below is her message:

There is a Facebook group, where we will be advertising future events
(Missing Maps Edinburgh https://www.facebook.com/groups/587653318031461/).
For the moment these events will be University led and based but we
encourage non-university mappers to come along, especially if they have
some experience. We are still unsure about how often we will host
mapathons, but we are looking at this being a regular event. I have heard
of some people trying to organise some events in Glasgow as well, for which
I am happy to help.

Tomorrow's event will be at 50 George Square or Appleton Tower (still TBC)
between 5 and 8pm. More information on our Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1008513462497210/?sid_reminder=5789448913794629632

There is also an Eventbrite listing for the event:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-edinburgh-tickets-15552456817?aff=efbevent

Sadly I won't be able to make this event, but I'm looking forward to ones
in the future. As a side note, I've been exploring hosting Missing Maps
events in Glasgow, so it would be good to hear if there is any appetite for
this. I should be at the meet-up at the CCA on the 17th if anyone wants to
chat about it.

Thanks,
Duncan