[Talk-scotland] SotM Scotland 2015

Gregory (LivingWithDragons) info at livingwithdragons.com
Fri Jan 2 12:59:13 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Side note: Why have I note subscribed to the mailing list before now?! I
live in Durham but Scotland is my closest strong OSM group and a lot of you
know that.

Regarding SotM Scotland in October, I just had an idea. I've not visited
the National Map Library on my previous trips. How about asking if they
would organise a small tour for people that would like to optionally visit
on the Friday when they are there for SotM?

I recently went to the British Library with a tour of the Map Reading Room
and some "back stage" rooms/offices. It was about an hour in total, part of
a bigger event and it was wonderful. In the bible John 14 talks about
heaven having many rooms, I think several are piled high with boxes of maps.
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2014/11/lost-in-piles-of-maps

Gregory.