[Talk-scotland] Missing Maps Glasgow #4 - Thu 13th August 🌍

Duncan Bain duncan.bain at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 08:53:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

Please join us for Missing Maps Glasgow on Thursday 13th August from 6pm -
9pm.

The Missing Maps <http://www.missingmaps.org/> project helps Médecins Sans
Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and the Red Cross by creating maps
of vulnerable places, providing a vital resource for their on-the-ground
staff as well as local people.

*This month we are joined by staff of Médecins Sans Frontiers, who will
describe how your contributions help deliver their work across the globe.*
*Free Food! - We also have funding to provide every mapper with a delicious
meal prepared by The Project Cafe
<http://theprojectcafe.weebly.com/food.html>, and tea and coffee will be
available throughout the evening. Depending on numbers, we will be able to
offer food and drinks for free, or at a highly reduced price.*

*Register here:
http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-glasgow-4-tickets-17932305007
<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-glasgow-4-tickets-17932305007>*

Missing Maps mapathons are open to everyone. You can come and learn how to
create maps and contribute to a global mapping project, OpenStreetMap
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap>. All you need is a laptop,
some spare time and enthusiasm, and you can take part in humanitarian work
from Glasgow.

At our Missing Maps event in Glasgow people will be on hand to help you
learn how to map at your own pace. If you want to know more about how you
can prepare for a mapathon, this guide
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Missing_Maps_Mapathons_-_before_the_event>
gives some tips.

We are being generously hosted by The Project Cafe
<http://theprojectcafe.weebly.com/>, an amazing community space and social
enterprise cafe. We will be at the Cafe from 6pm and will be mapping till
around 9pm, before we head to the CCA/Saramago Bar
<http://www.cca-glasgow.com/saramago-caf/saramago-caf-bar> for post-mapping
drinks!

The venue is limited to around 30 people, so please use this Eventbrite link
<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-glasgow-4-tickets-17932305007>
to register your place for the night, as well as this Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1472725483046294/> to share with others.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and I look forward to
hopefully seeing some of you there.

Best,
Duncan