[Talk-scotland] Trunk roads in Edinburgh

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:16:52 UTC 2016

A recent note from GinaroZ [1] highlights a short section of  Queensferry
road is set to highway=trunk whereas most of it is primary. This short bit
at the junction appears to have been missed missed in a changeset [2] by
acsimpson "Correcting Trunk roads to Primary Roads around West Edinburgh".

Having looked again at the wii for Trunk roads [3], I propose that we
should reclassify the sections of the A90, A902 and A199 within the city
that are largely  bordered by houses to be highway=primary. These are
important routes, but not "high performance roads that don't meet the
requirement for motorway".

This would affect this short stretch of the A90, the A902 (Telford/Ferry
Road), and the A199 from Leith to Brunstane. I think that the north end of
the dual carriageway A1 ending in Brunstane is a suitable end point for the
Trunk road.

Any comments welcome, either here or on the note.

Regards, Donald

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/529056#map=16/55.9611/-3.2875&layers=N
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/37078948
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dtrunk