[Talk-scotland] Trunk roads in Edinburgh

Michael Booth boothym at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:28:07 UTC 2016

According to the wiki and talk-gb posts, the distinction between trunk
and primary is to do with green v white signed routes.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Tagging_Guidelines#UK_roads

My memory of that part of Edinburgh is a bit fuzzy so forgive me for
looking at google street view. If you go west on the A902 from the Crewe
Toll roundabout there are a few green signs, but also some white signs -
especially going eastbound. But it's clear that the A902 and A199 aren't
what you would class as the second most important roads on the network -
they look like primary roads to me.

If you compare the Transport Scotland trunk road map to the OSM map, it
is identical except for the roads in question going through Edinburgh.
I'm not sure if that is the case in the rest of the UK - should we just
be copying the trunk road maps or going by the wiki (if there is even a
difference?)