[Talk-scotland] FOSDEM 2017 Geospatial talks

Colin Paton cozzarp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:29:26 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I've just got back from the FOSDEM conference in Belgium, which turned out
to be a giant version of a talk Scotland pub meetup.

OSM is very detailed in Brussels and we navigated around mostly
successfully. The bits where we got lost were not due to the accuracy of
OSM data...*cough*.

Videos of the talks are currently being uploaded, and I thought might be of
interest to those on this list who might not otherwise have heard.

"The Geospatial devroom is the place to talk about the state of the art of
open, geo-related data, free and open source geospatial software and its
ecosystem. This includes standards and tools, e.g. spatial databases,
online mapping tools, geospatial services, used for collecting, storing,
delivering, analysing, and visualizing geodata."

https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/track/geospatial/

Colin