[Talk-scotland] Mapping pavements in Edinburgh

Eric Grosso eric.grosso.os at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:52:04 UTC 2017

On 24 January 2017 at 11:06, <me at chrisfleming.org> wrote:

> Donald and I did have a brief chat about this, I think his logic was the
> road is marked and rendered as restricted access, and the pavement on
> Princes Street is much wider than most in Edinburgh therefore mapping it
> does make sense.

Thanks. It makes sense, but if we think in terms of width, does it make
sense
to map the south side of Princes Street?

I certainly agree with you here. We don't want to get into the habit of
> mapping all the pavements. But I think the case for Princes Street is
> sound, and I don't think it's appearance is a driver to roll this out
> across more of the city center.

Agree.

Agree, this works well for George Street, and should be the normal.

As Princes Street seems to be an isolated case in town (wide pavement
with the main roads rendered as restricted access), would you agree if
we re-map Leith Street (as the mapping of the pavement has already been
extended a bit there as well) and the south side of Princes Street with
the same kind of conventions used for George Street?

Thanks a lot for your feedback here.

Cheers,
Eric