[Talk-scotland] "Descriptive names" in Glasgow

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:26:26 UTC 2017

Hi all,

A relatively new mapper has added a number of shared garden features
with the name "Garden", e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/491169857 .

I'm guessing that the name "Garden" will need removing (description
rather than name), but should anything else be changed (e.g. to
landuse=grass) or perhaps removed entirely (because they don't reflect
reality very well)?

I stumbled across these edits while checking something else with a DWG
hat on, so wanted to mention it to the local community to see what
should happen next.  If you need DWG help with anything either reply
here or mail data at osmfoundation.org - if people are already planning to
deal with it no problem; we'll let you get on with it!

Best Regards,

Andy, on behalf of OSM's Data Working Group.