[Talk-se] Importing GNS data for northern Sweden

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Oct 29 17:50:08 GMT 2008

[Late reply as recovering from illness]

Erik, thanks.  There is also a non-rendered list of kommuns, which shows which län they are in. I will update that too.  Either list can be extracted for JOSM edit:

http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/node[place=county][bbox=11.9271,54.1852,24.1659,69.0739]
http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/node[place=kommun][bbox=11.9271,54.1852,24.1659,69.0739]

FYI, there is a similar problem in the UK. One solution is to mark old counties with place=historic_county so that they can still be searched for but don't show up on rendering.

Mike