[Talk-se] ODBL in Sweden

Andreas Vilén andreas.vilen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:24:55 GMT 2010

What kind of stupidity is this? I was acertained that nothing would be
removed in the licence change, and therefore supported it. If lots of
data will be removed, I STRONGLY OPPOSE this licence change, of course
far too late in the process. This will, in any case, probably lower my
ambition to contribute to the project extremely. For example, much of
the OSM data is used in a municipality project for comparing routing
between different kinds of vehicles. All that information will now be
lost. Surely I did much of the mapping, but far from all of it...

Is this something that's decided? In that case, where can I read about
it? Will not more be done to make people accept the new licence? Have
messages been sent out to everyone? Also, can we really expect old
users who have left the project to see this? Who are we to delete
their work?

/Andreas