[Talk-se] Runstenar och hällsristningar ?

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Oct 7 10:07:37 BST 2010

I am already tagging with historic=rune_stone .http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/keys/historic

 From experience, I suggest we just experiment for a while since a mass edit is easy.  I would be happy to assist later in a formal tagging proposal.

Personally, I like the idea of using historic= tag values that have clear obvious local meaning rather than trying to impose a generic tags like "archealogical_site" or even "petroglyph" that can be used worldwide but loses meaning.  The same issue occurs with the shop= tag.  There is a small core like "supermarket" that can be used internationally,  but there are many that cannot.

May I also ask a question?  I believe there is a national index of rune stones.  I wonder if there is a body to approach and ask to import. Can anyone point me to where to start or like to do it themselves?

Mike