[Talk-transit] NaPTAN import

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:55:10 BST 2009

2009/4/3 Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/3 Brian Prangle <bprangle at googlemail.com>:
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> From our west mids meeting last night  a number of requests and queries came
>> up
>>
>> 1.Can you import Wolverhampton - the guys up there are ready to have a crack
>
> Ok, done.

(This is complete with Bearing and CUS tagged, where appropriate)

>> 2. Coventry will not be far behind but hold off until we've checked with the
>> major contributors there
>> 3. We'd like to see the NaPTAN fields LocalityName and Bearing imported
>
> This is an NPTG field, none of the NPTG stuff has been looked at yet.
>
>> 4. We're not sure if stoptypes CUS, TXR STR BCQ and BCS have been imported
>
> CUS are in, but not tagged in data, there's no TXR or STR in the West
> Mids dataset, BCQ, BCS are in, but not tagged as such since they're
> essentially the same as BCT for our purposes.

I've just done a (very crude, clashing) re-import of the West Bromwich
data to include CUS and the Bearings. Andy assured me that only his
edits were there, and that he didn't mind them getting overwritten.

I'm planning an addition of Bearing and CUS data for the rest of
Birmingham, I'll give more details once the software for it is
written.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood