[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN bus stop databaseimport - some more observations

Peter J Stoner stonerpj at mytraveline.info
Mon Apr 6 10:09:48 BST 2009

In message <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAOKaD4mR3JBOrEpRon92nMgBANp/H2q5kHF
IvKMsnZiQaZAAAAABxJAAABAAAADt1WPdX/TVToXamflbrk4VAQAAAAA=@googlemail.com>
          "Andy Robinson \(blackadder-lists\)"
<ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thomas, if you haven't already that info is useful for the wiki page.
> Sometimes a route plaque is missing or the reference number is absent. If
> one of the barcode labels is inspected much of the verification check can be
> achieved. In/on most stops I've seen three of these stickers with (Case1)
> (Case2) and (Case3) all showing the same data.

It is good to use any clues available, but these labels are probably
to do with the advertising panels on the shelter.  The basis of these
labels could vary between the advertising companies and be based on
very historic names from street furniture databases, so it remains to
be seen how useful they will be.

I assume the stop is 43000957202.

--
Peter J Stoner
UK Regional Coordinator

a trading name of
Intelligent Travel Solutions Ltd  company number 3826797
Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, LONDON WC2B 5HA