[Talk-transit] Walking buses?

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Mon Apr 6 20:45:46 BST 2009

Hi everyone

when I resurveyed some bus stops today I came across some signs
saying "walking bus" (http://www.b3e.net/walking-bus.jpg). Apart from
the small sign on a lamp post was nothing else on the street which
indicated a bus stop. There were even parking cars right in front of
the sign.
Back home I say that the NaPTAN data contains information about these
walking bus stops. http://www.b3e.net/walking-bus-map.png show a map
with to walking bus stops in grey and the naptan stops in yellow. The
NaPTAN stop at the bottom of the map has AtcoCode 43000376801, the one
above is 43000376802 and the other two are 43000373802 and 43000373801.

Since I have never seen a bus in these roads nor any people waiting for
buses I am really wondering what these signs are there for.

Christoph