[Talk-transit] How should we map routes with API 0.6?

Jaume Figueras jaume.figueras at masafi.cat
Thu Apr 23 14:12:37 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm that guy that is beginning a Routing Project with public transport
in Catalonia. :P

Now that the API 0.6 has ordered relations I am wondering which way is
the best to map a bus route.

I think that now the relation order can identify the stop order and the
sequence of ways the bus use, so many problems (loops, forward and
backward roles, etc.) can disappear if we map the route (i.e. order the
relation) the way the bus does its route. This way of mapping routes
also simplifies the extraction of a graph for routing, because in the
previous API the result graphs for routing could be ambiguous.

What do you think about it?

If you think it is interesting I will make a proposal at the Wiki.

Best,

Jaume.