[Talk-transit] How to represent 6 month long engineering works in OSM?

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 24 02:06:40 BST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 15:31:51 Frankie Roberto wrote:
> * remove the railway=tram tags so that they disappear from the renderings.
> * add a closed=yes tag, which probably wouldn't currently affect renderings
> * leave as is.

For highways we have highway=construction / construction=* This is mostly used
for completely new construction, but in the city where I live another mapper
has used this on some long term reconstruction projects too.

So the most consistent tagging would IMHO be to use railway=construction /
construction=tram This is not currently rendered on the mapnik layer of the
main site, but this is rendered dashed with Osmarender.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus