[Talk-transit] Route relations types

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:31:46 BST 2009

There's a clear definition - a coach has it's wheels attached to an
underframe distinct from the bodywork. That's why they're higher and have a
more-comfortable ride.

However there's an overlap caused by the 50km rule. I would surmise that the
same threshold is used to require free access by freedom pass holders
(over-65s).

So I'd be inclined to call both route=bus, and use other tags
(service=inter-urban/long-distance? vehicle=coach?) to distinguish them.

Richard