[Talk-transit] NAPTAN Import: Plus-bus Zones

Roger Slevin roger at slevin.plus.com
Thu Aug 6 08:08:08 BST 2009

PlusBus zone boundaries are defined by the stoppoints at the edges of the zones.  It should be possible to draw straight lines between each of the boundary points to define the polygon of the area they cover (all stops within such a polygon are members of that PlusBus zone).  The exceptional treatment of NET (tram) in Nottingham is not reflected in the data supplied by PlusBus – which is why it doesn’t show up on your mapping of the data (and it doesn’t show on the zone diagram on the PlusBus web site either) – I suspect that this is because it would be misleading as it would imply that buses can be used in the area of served by the tram that is beyond the main area of the PlusBus bus zone.

The PlusBus zone data comes from PlusBus – so please don’t try to change it.  If you think it is wrong, then let me know and I will ask PlusBus to review the information.

Roger