[Talk-transit] Naptan import

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Fri Aug 7 16:55:43 BST 2009

"Ed Loach" <ed at loach.me.uk> schrieb:

> > I am not offering to create the page so hopefully someone else
> > will do
> > that. (I am doing work on cleaning up other existing transit
> > related
> > wiki pages on when I have time).
>
> I might do a page Tag:public_transport=pay_scale_area and divert
> PlusBus to that?
>
> Google reveals these areas were discussed on this list while I was
> on holiday at the end of July (and not receiving any osm lists
> emails), so I guess the issues I've mentioned today are related to
> the areas not being closed in the source data and that in the source
> data they have been assumed to follow the coastline in these areas
> rather than a straight line between the first and last points.

The source data which had the not being closed polygons were not
imported. It was merely a mistake I made which Thomas luckily spotted
before he actually imported the data into the OSM database.

The zone around Clacton is probably meant to follow the coastline but
as this cannot be seen from the NPTG data it is hard to import it in
this way.

Christoph