[Talk-transit] NPTG locality viewer

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Mon Aug 17 10:06:04 BST 2009

Hi all,

I uploaded a new version of the NPTG-Viewer. It now displays matching
localities in the OSM and NPTG datasets and also highlights a number of
tagging errors and duplicate nodes. It is also possible to hide
localities which are not existing on the ground or which are not places.

Additionally to the old url the NPTG-Viewer can now be found on:
http://www.mappa-mercia.org/nptg-viewer/

I think the tool is handy to find places which are not yet mapped. It
may also be helpful to spot spelling errors.

There is one issue with genitives being spelled with apostrophes in
NPTG but without in OSM (e.g. Kings Heath in Birmingham).

Cheers,
Christoph