[Talk-transit] pay_scale_area

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Mon Aug 17 15:17:40 BST 2009

2009/8/17 Christoph Böhme <christoph at b3e.net>

> > Heh. Sounds a bit like the geo information which is captured in the
> > Open Plaques project (http://www.openplaques.org/) which I run...
>
> Neat! In Birmingham we have started to put the blue plaques in the OSM
> database as memorials.

Cool! I did wonder about using OSM, instead of creating a separate database,
but a) I wasn't sure whether they were an appropriate OSM feature or not,
and b) I wanted to be able to index them in different ways (eg by person
commemorated), which would have been more complicated to store in OSM.

However, I might start to look into how the two systems could at least be
linked together...

(This is wildly off-topic for talk-transit now. I may post to the main
mailing list at some point about this instead.)

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle